Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Christmas Tree

We finally got your christmas tree (I will have to post pics later), I have been begging Dave for the last 2 weeks to go and get our tree but he kept putting me off with excuses (i.e. its too early, its raining, your sick, its snowing...etc). Yesterday, I open up the garage to pull my car in and there in front of me is the biggest Christmas Tree we have had since we got married. I started laughing because I was sure there was no way it would fit in our house, we only have 8ft ceilings and the tree was probably closer to 8.5 ft! I was too excited too complain though and when Dave came home he told me the story. He goes out to Klickers Farms (remember it snowed non-stop all day yesterday and reached a high of about 5 degrees) and the guy comes up and says to him "didn't think we would have any customers wanting a tree today, there all covered with snow its going to be hard to pick one out." Dave tells him he wants about a 6-8 ft tree, the poor guy is freezing so he goes out and picks out a 8.5ft tree and brings it back to Dave. Dave asks him how much it is and the guy says I'm not sure but probably about $60, Dave replies with well I was looking at spending closer to $40. The guy looks at him and says "Sir you can have it for $40, as long as you don't make me go back out there and look for another one." Leave it to Dave to get a deal on a christmas tree!!! After dinner we bring it in the house and sure enough it doesn't fit, Dave has to trim about 8 inches off the top and even now the star on the top still hits the ceiling. However, it is a beautiful tree, we must have put over 1000 lights on it and then we decorated it. Colt loved decorating it, I helped him hang his own ornaments up first and then he sat by Dave while Dave unwrapped them, handed them to Colt and then Colt would walk over to me with the ornament and say "Mommy" and hand it to me. He was actually a really good help, minus the fact that he kept wanting to eat the tissue paper that the ornaments were wrapped in! We played Christmas music and Dave and Colt ate sugar cookies that I had made over the weekend. My house really feels like Christmas now!!!

3 comments:

McP Family said...

That sounds like a Christmas greeting. And I do hear that Tissue paper is high in fiber....perhaps colt needs some oatmeal:-)
And yep....Leave it to Dave to get a deal on the tree.

The Price Family said...

Oh Care I am so excited for you that you finally got your tree! What a sweet family you have, and Dave really came through :). Colt is such a nice helper, Crew thinks everything is for throwing and we have had some fun cleanups on the hardwood floors already. He is not allowed to touch now :)
Miss you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Mac Attack said...

Yeah Im so glad you got your tree. You had been whiting for awhile! Cant wait to see pics.