Thursday, December 18, 2008

Its a Blizzard outside!!

I love this weather, it puts me in the holiday spirit even more. There is nothing like a white Christmas and I think we are going to get it! Its supposed to snow all next week too!! We got about 5 inches of snow last Sunday and Monday and then got a break until early this morning. Dave went outside and measured it at lunch today and we now have 14 inches and it is still snowing like crazy!! They finally canceled school at 9:00 this morning, by that time I was just pulling up in front of Colt's babysitters house to drop him off because I figured we were going to just be a on a 2 hour delay even though it was a complete white-out and none of the roads had even been plowed yet. But they canceled it and so Colt and I turned around and came back home. I could barely get up my street, since we live in a culdesac they don't usually plow our street! Dave came home at lunch and shoveled our sidewalk and driveway but I don't think my car could get down our street now. Dave gave me strict instructions to stay home and not to go anywhere as he was going back to work this afternoon:)
I took this picture about 2 hours ago and we have probably had 4 new inches fall since then. I can't remember the last time we got this much snow in Walla Walla and especially this early. Most of our snow usually comes in late January or February!
Colt loves the snow he has been running to the windows yelling "SNOW!"

2 comments:

The Mac Attack said...

We have so much snow too. I havent even measured yet since its still comming down. But we cant even see Seans car Ill put it that way. It is so much fun though. I think your officially on break though dont you?

McP Family said...

blizzard???? have you seen Spokane???? more snow is a commin'.