Saturday, December 6, 2008

Time for another baby!!

I can't believe the time has come for us to have another baby. I feel a little bit like I am going through dejevu' because the timing is so close to when I had Colt. I keep asking myself "was it last year that I was pregnant, oh no wait that was 2 years ago." It seems like just yesterday but I felt like the pregnancy took forever!! Now, here I am 12 weeks pregnant with Colt's little sibling and just as excited to meet this one as I was to meet Colt.
I am just starting to feel somewhat better, I have been miserably sick and nauseated since 2 days before the test even said positive:) With Colt I did have some sickness but nothing to the degree with how I feel with this pregnancy. There were days when it took everything I had in me just to get up and make it to work. I still get a bit of the nausea, especially when I wait to long to eat and I have a huge aversions to food and smells but I feel somewhat "normal" again. This time the sickness has lasted longer too, with Colt I was sick from about 8 weeks to 12 and then it disapeared, with this one it started at like week 3 (like I said before I even knew I was pregnant) and its still here, though much better, at week 12. My dr. said everything is usually more intense with your 2nd, you know you are pregnant sooner, you get sick sooner and for a longer period and you show quicker. Lucky me!! I am starting to show, I can still hide it which I have been doing from my students at school but I have just started to tell them now that I am about through the 1st trimester. Plus I was tired of wearing jackets and big sweaters everyday to work. The tummy is working its way out, all my clothes still fit but I am thinking I will be switching to some of the smaller maternity shirts pretty soon here, they are longer and give me some room. As my regular shirts get tighter they also seem to get shorter?? I wore most of my pants until 26 weeks or so with Colt then switched to maternity, I am sure it will be sooner with this baby though.
Dave and I are both excited for this baby (I am really really excited) but there are a lot of unknowns for us out there right now. The babysitter that Colt goes to this year will not be able to take his sibling next year so if I want Colt to continue to go to her I would have to find somewhere else for the baby for a year which I hate to do but I love Colt's babysitter. She is amazing and he learns so much stuff from her!! We also need to make a decision about my job (which would eliminate the babysitting problem) and decide if I still need to work full-time, or maybe I could go to part-time or stay home all together. Obviously I would choose to stay home in a heart beat but financially its still up in the air.
Everyone asks if I really want a girl since I already have a son and I do I think it would be so much fun to have a daughter and get to have the type of relationship with my daugther that my mom and I have now. However, I would also LOVE a little boy, it would be so fun for Colt to have a brother so close in age and for them to grow up together. Plus I already have all the boy stuff so financially it would be cheaper:) In the end it really doesn't matter, I just pray that we have a child that is healthy and strong.

3 comments:

moxie mama said...

I'm so excited for you! Congrats!

Also I wanted to tell you thank you for posting your story about your skin cancer. I had a couple moles that I was wondering about and you kicked me in the butt to get to the dermatologist. They removed both of them and one they said was fine and the other is still in the lab. So hopefully everything is fine. But my mind doesn't feel quite so heavy. So thank you!

Conlin Family said...

Congrats Carolyn!!
I had no idea you were expecting another one. It's been a while since I've looked at your blog! I'm so excited for you! I'm still trying to get used to two! I'm so grateful Cooper's an easy baby.
I hope your sickness goes away soon.
Take Care!

Life in the Kerlee Household said...

Care, I am so happy for you guys! I was terribly sick with Rilyn and nothing compared to with Jaymin. I actually vomited until 18 weeks and of course I started showing VERY early as well. I think I switched to wearing maternity pants or my cozy pants at 17 weeks because everything was just too tight and not comfortable.

I hope you have a little girl just because Rilyn needs a girlfriend to play with at our yearly Chelan trip! She's already out numbered. But if not a girl, I pray for you just to have a healthly baby of either gender.

Take care.